Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 14, 2008

    p.s. Random Ian thoughts... from my March 13th email.

    p.p.p.s. I was watching Keshia Cole the other day. I think she may personify all the reasons that I would never date an American girl.

    p.p.p.p.s. Even though you can tell she's had a shower, like Trina and Trick Daddy, she just doesn't look CLEAN to me...

    p.p.p.p.p.s. Did anyone else see Diddy in Raisin in the Sun (yes I know it was weeks ago). I think he did a great job though. Go Diddy.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.s. I wonder if Jay-z's going to act?

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. By the way - stop asking me. I know I'm the ultimate Jay-z fan, but NO I'm not going to the concert. I need to see them up close or its not worth that kind of money to me. $300? For that much, he better come to the house and do some extra stuff like install my mom's dishwasher like ADT.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Wanna go to a free movie at the New AMC Yonge and Dundas? Click here and print it>>> Ian's the Best (say like that annoying DJ Khaled) :: A PDF version of the file is available HERE: http://www.amnesia.ca/amnesia_website/FLYERS/freemovie.pdf (this is the better link)

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. It's available Saturday March 22nd to Tuesday March 25th... I think I'm going on a hot date on Tuesday. First we'll eat KFC on the curb. (Nothin's too good for my date). Then off to something we don't want to see so we can neck in the back of the theatre... like Alien vs. Predator or something lol. Nothing like $2 Tuesdays. Hmmph. We're going dutch (as every Toronto girl CLAIMS we're cheap).


    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Neck. I don't think I've heard that term in 15 years... and the concept of making out (there's another one) in a movie theatre died with Cedarbrae at Markham and Lawrence... THE ORIGINAL CEDARBRAE. As in, where your feet stuck to the ground when you walked.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. As in "the black theatre" (the other one... not Town Centre). You knew too. You'd be in a movie like say Spiderman, and you'd hear "spot 'im Spidey". Some poor unsuspecting white person would say "could you please be quiet" and there'd be a roar of "Stchepts. But wait. She nah no seh me pay me good money fi see di movie. Bout quiet. Cha".

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Does anyone else remember when dating in Toronto was food and a movie (and maybe kissing in Warden Woods parking lot)? Now dating in Toronto, is a movie and sex. Shaking head. That sucks lol.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. If you're going to text me, PLEASE speak English. I feel like the mother in that commercial. I can't even understand what people are saying to me. Who understands this? afaik. bcnu. cwyl. hhok. oic. I have one... wtf?


    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. 1. As far as I know. 2. be seeing you. 3. chat with you later. 4. ha ha only kidding. 5. Oh. I see. Reaaal schtupid.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Go MJ. Michael Jackson has saved Neverland from auction. I'm personally glad - I bought a copy of the 25th anniversary album. It sucks. (Damn Will.I.Am and Fergie). But I still love MJ.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Back to the Toronto guys are cheap thing. I'm not cheap. But damnit man. I'll pay for everything. Forever. I have a simple rule. It goes like this. If you reach, I'll pay... but if you feel that it's your right, I'm not doing it - and it's not because romance is dead, but because some Toronto girls are trying to USE a man. My boy told me he went to dinner with a girl the other night. The girl ordered for herself - the most expensive thing on the menu - which she didn't eat mind you, because she had never had it before and didn't like it... then ordered something to go for her kid for lunch tomorrow. Are you crazy? HUMOUR ME. Pretend to fight so I can say that I'll be insulted. Don't be looking all around the room when the bill comes. And don't be ordering food you can't eat so you can send it in your kid's lunch tomorrow.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Or motion to throw some change for tip? Or parking or motion for gas money - or pretend you're gonna get out and pump. Something nah?

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. And don't be ordering something just because it's expensive and then realize what it is and play with it with your fork and waste it. And don't go on a date if you're in love with your ex cause you need company. If you don't want to date and you're lonely, get a cat.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. For the record... when you leave your house, you should have money. Leaving your house with less than $2 is called vagrancy... and there are too many Vagrant girls in this city... Getting caught between the door where they paid and the coat check that they don't have $2 for.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. No. This didn't happen to me (recently) and no, I'm not bitter about anything lol. (I have vex money). I haven't been on a date in ages. I don't have the patience to learn anyone new. I just want them to KNOW me. Like it downloaded into their head like in the Matrix. LOL

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. I guess if you want to get ahead (stay up) in politics in the states, you can't be an Elliots Spitzer, you have to swallow. [google Elliot Spitzer then bill clinton lewinsky scandal - you'll get it]

    p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Just 1 more week til hibernation ends... re:connect guest list closes soon. Soul kitchen for the 28th too... :: ian@amnesia.ca for either. (by the way... you guys are so cute. When I say "re:line" I mean in the "RE" line, put which party you want.


    See you next week. I'm back. I guess I feel better after cussing some people instead of holding it in.

    By the way.. check out my boy Baba Kahn's album in stores everywhere out Tuesday March 18th...



    2 comments:

    Imani Monique said...

    If I knew you, I mean REALLY knew you, and if it wasn't socially awkward I would say "Ian, I love you!" But since I don't...and it is, I will say instead, that "I have a strong affinity to your blog!"

    Keep making me bawl eye water from laughter and I may not be able to restrain myself...

    p.s. About a year ago you wrote me a LOVELY email about finding my calling in life and business cards. Thank you! I'm still trying to figure things out.. But I really appreciate that you took the time to write a really thoughtful email to someone who is basically a stranger. Thanks!

    QueenBea's sushi chronicles said...

    Maaaaaaan I miss those days. I remember when I used to think that travelling from Markham and Eglinton to cedarbrae mall was such a damn trek, but it was so worth it once I got there. I remember when it used to be really cold that my girls and I would stop in the library across the street and feign looking at books to borrow so we could warm up. I also really miss when the Ciniplex Odeon (now Old Navy is now in its place) used to be $2 and something cents, and not only on Tuesdays. Memories.