Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 17, 2008

    Losing my virginity... Again.

    After years of fighting the good fight, and after having to endure the heartbreak of knowing love and then breaking up, this past Saturday, I gave in and gave it up. Again.

    The beautiful Nokia 6265 phone that Kim McKenzie was so gracious to send me the Christmas of 2006 as a birthday present from her company, died a sudden death on Friday asimiliar to the blue screen of Windows. It had been acting up from a couple weeks back when I dropped on the ice like a badly attached wig hitting the dance floor at Amnesia (and getting stomped on by an unsuspecting Tuffcat that thought it was a rat - but that's another story). {Whatup Pow?}

    Editors Note: 1) Don't call Kim for a free phone - it was a promotional thing lol. 2) Kim if you're out there, I need help... all the numbers from the New York trip (Slick Rick, Biz Markie, Melle Mel etc) are in the phone, not to mention other irreplaceable texts and digits. I need help.

    I had sworn that no other would ever replace my Motorola 2 way (P935) for after all, what communications device could really talk to it? It had everything I needed. It was instant (at the time 3 minutes a message WAS instant), it had snazzy one colour green text, lighted buttons (for messaging in the club or in bed), and then there were the dope FA-BO-LO-US like ringtones that you could produce yourself if you had a diploma from Trebas. Du dudu du du. And the key - and I have yet to see anything replicate it with such accuracy - bluetooth included - was the ability to BEEM your info. And it made this cute sound that sounded like a high pitched suck. Shu-uck. You could even walk by a girl in the club and just beem her. Just hit her in the hip with your info. And we got to walk around saying that - just 2 way me. Or just hit me on the hip. We were ubber cool. [I wonder if we'll look back on the 2 way like the brick phone?]

    Anyway, on Saturday, I bought a Blackberry... the world phone edition to be exact. I can't lie - it's kinda dope. It has a pretty shiny face (like some girls at the club), it's Bluetooth so I can talk loud in the bank through an earpiece that doesn't really work (and really impress that 61 year old and scare small children who think I'm crazy), I can access Fassbook, and I can send people my pin (like msn for Blackberries) or my contact (though not as easily as the 2 way) and umm, it has a cool pong like game. Yeah.

    I really don't know what it does that has people in such awe. Oh yeah. I can get your email on the road while I'm trying to navigate the DVP, while spooning (if only), or in the middle of my dream. Supposedly. I say supposedly, as this has yet to happen properly. I've gotten selected emails redirected from a particular email address (google addresses seem to be coming through), yet not others. As I get it configured, I'll be sure to tell you how that goes.

    And it even has a notification for the sender so that they KNOW I opened their email or text at 4:14am ("I know you got it - I have a read receipt right here - 4:14am to be exact. Why didn't you get back to me?").

    Stay tuned as I decide if being more accessible (if 2 numbers and 4 email addresses weren't enough) is more desireable...

    I

    p.s. Happy St. Patrick's Day... Video of the day:
    House of Pain ~ Jump Around. Enjoy.

    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZADbubu0Y)








    2 comments:

    QueenBea's sushi chronicles said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    QueenBea's sushi chronicles said...

    "Du dudu du du" is this the Busta beat from 'put your hands where my eyes can see'?

    Oh, adding the facebook blackberry application is not helping your addiction LOL