Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 19, 2008

    The [kick the] Bucket List. Coming to grips with my mortality... [We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round].

    Carter Chambers: "Forty-five years goes by pretty fast".
    Edward Cole: "Like smoke through a keyhole".

    So I watched this movie on Sunday. Oh... before I get into that, let's talk about Sunday. I was trapped in the Twilight Zone. Nothing could go right... it was like shopping in Eglinton West where the customer is always wrong.

    So anyway, I came in after a four hour shopping expedition to Costco. {Editor's note: You ever see that commercial where there's a bus driving around the store saying the stops - housewares, tires etc? That's Costco}. So after 4 hours, K and I walked out with $70 worth of stuff. We tried every sample in the store, but in reality there wasn't that much there to buy unless you have a football team at home to feed (what's that soup again?).

    I came home and my kitchen was flooded... so I went over to the property management office. No one was there and for the first time EVER in life - and keeping in mind my present weight - I slipped and fell.

    Let's take a moment to talk about this. You ever see someone fall and their arms do a COMPLETE 360 like in the warmups at the gym? That was me. I fell on my back and threw my arm out at the last moment, saving my life. Another inch and I would have hit the back of my head on the sharp step and bled out behind the snow bank blocking view of the bottom of the stairs.

    Anyway, my back looks like someone took a solid black market to it about the width of 4 fingers, and the same goes for my arm - I actually landed on the bottom stair with it... I'm going to get some x-rays done. But I ended up coming in and lying on my stomach (which is mad uncomfortable by the way) and watching this movie called the Bucket List.

    The premise is simple... These guys are about to die, and they make a list of all the things they want to do before they kick the bucket. After my fall, I just decided I'm not waiting. I'm starting on my list today.

    That's all.

    I

    p.s. Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world, selling for between $120 and $600 USD per pound, and is sold mainly in Japan and United States. LMAO.

    p.p.s.
    Go watch the movie - the quotes are great. "We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round".


    Random hilariously stupid video of the day...


    2 comments:

    QueenBea's sushi chronicles said...

    I shouldn't have just read that, now I'm even more disturbed than when you told me. I hope the pain goes away quicktime!

    NubainCurls said...

    LOL I hope your fine dear, I loved the movie myself and liked the quote "Never trust a fart" .. Nice, will keep checking u up.. Keep on writing