Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 20, 2008

    Who are you? b/k/a Friend purgatory awaits...

    So it's like 4:37 am on Wednesday morning. I have insomnia.

    I'm listening to Jester's Groovy soca mix... (Assume the position start flickering yu bam bam). I think I'm delirious like Eddie. Did she just say "I want a man that can jam like strawberry... penetrate and slam like Marbury"?

    Anyway, I'm like, if I'm up, I may as well get some clean up work done... I started copying files to my external hard drive and decided that I should try and clear up some of the backlog on my facebook account... Somehow, like my room, I don't know where to start. 290 friend requests.154 other requests. And what the hell is a speed racing invitation?

    Why the hell do people send these things? This is EXACTLY the reason I took down the fun wall. Foolishness.

    290 friend requests. I'm not sure how it got like this? It was 5, and I didn't recognize someone. Before I knew it it was 30. Then 100. LET'S BE CLEAR. I'm not looking friends for popularity. I am always looking to meet new people, and maybe add a friend every few years. I love people - and I'm always intrigued by people's stories and what exists beyond the nightclub. So as I said... I'm down to add you. But you see this - add with no message and then never speak to me again - ish? It's stopping now. And there's always myspace for miscellaneous people.

    If you want to know about my events, please join one of the groups.. For instance...

    IAN ANDRE ESPINET EVENTS: Amnesia x Soul Kitchen x B-Boy Document x ICON...

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2404982302

    or the Amnesia group -

    AMNESIA :: THE SOUNDTRACK TO OUR LIVES...

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2246072823

    I have like 5 or something... B-Boy document, Amnesia, 2 Ian events groups and the "Opinionated Friends of Ian Andre Espinet" group where we talk about stuff like if it's okay for your best friend to date your ex... I even have a new "fangroup" where I'm going to be putting all things about all of my businesses. If you just want info, PLEASE JOIN ONE OF THOSE GROUPS... we don't NEED to be friends. Just search my name and add away...

    Here's a head start... http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=ian+andre++espinet&init=q

    Now I want to be clear here... I'M NOT BEING RUDE. I appreciate EVERY single person who thinks that I'm worthy of adding... BUT, a little facebook courtesy. Please tell me who you are, that you like my parties, that you think my belly's cute, that you met me through your friend Mel or your Auntie Patsy. BUT WRITE SOMETHING. Cause if you changed your hairstyle and I don't recognize you, etc, chances are you'll end up in friend requests purgatory. Forever...

    That was this morning's public service announcement.

    I

    p.s. I really really have to know you well to add you if you're a man with no shirt. This is a shirtless man free zone. Ladies - does that really work?

    p.p.s. Isn't it funny how everyone's a supermodel on Facebook?

    p.p.p.s. I'm going to make a shirt that says "you looked better on facebook".

    p.p.p.p.s. And how come girls have so much talk online and NONE in person. Did they rehearse?

    p.p.p.p.p.s. I out on the road... I there with my friends... If you looking for me... you'll find me again - I right around de bend. I miss Trinidad.

    p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Check the pictures on my page.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716250226 .... I think I'm going to go look now and cry.



    1 comment:

    QueenBea's sushi chronicles said...

    fassbook has too many fleckin' applications man!